Ghost Buster Column
What Ghost Buster Column Can Do For Your HPLC System ?
By continuously optimizing the particle size and surface physicochemical structure of the material, the ghost buster column filler obtains a purification material with a regular shape, uniform particle size distribution, very high specific surface area, and high mechanical strength (the figure below shows its microstructure seen under scanning electron microscopy).
The ghost buster column has excellent mobile phase cleanup capability, which can trap most of the impurities in the mobile phase that may generate "ghost trap." It can improve the mixing effect of the mobile phase to make the baseline smoother, which can help us obtain better analytical results.
Note: A larger volume of the ghost column also has a higher purification capacity but, at the same time, will correspondingly increase the residual volume of the instrument system, which may adversely affect the original gradient method, so you need to select the appropriate specifications for the instrument and method.
Installation instructions: The ghost buster column should be installed after the mixing pump and before the injector.
Diagram of installation position：
* It should be noted that not all impurities can be removed from the mobile phase
* Ghost Buster column is installed between the gradient mixer and the sampler. If it is installed like a guard column, target peaks may disappear
* If ion-pairing reagents are used in the analysis, the reagents may be retained by the Ghost Buster column, impacting the analysis's retention time and peak shape
* It is not recommended to flush the Ghost Buster column with 100% water for a long time
* Ghost-Buster column's service life differs by analysis conditions, mobile phase, and purity. A new column is recommended when the result could be better.
Have HPLC System like to Install the Ghost Buster Column or Interested to Distribute or act as an agent for our HPLC accessories products, please feel free to contact us
by email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can send inquiry to get price list as follow form.